Although Opus 2 currently does not offer a direct or specific funtion for objections, users can still quickly and easily manage designations and objections for multiple parties by utilizing Annotations on Transcripts and Notes Tags. The different objections can be identified on transcript reports in PDF and CSV formats as well.
Creating the Annotation Tags
- In the Manage Tags box in the Documents tab, create Tags for each Objection Code, for both parties. Utilize a different color for each party, and/or name the tag by the code number or letter only, i.e., P for Plaintiff Objections and D for Defendant Objections.
- Within the transcript, identify designations where objections are required. Highlight the objected text and add an annotation.
- Write a custom note regarding whose Objection it is (Client's or Opposing Party's).
- Next, tag the annotation with the appropriate objection code Note Tag.
Exporting and Reporting Options
From the Transcript itself:
- From the Tools menu, choose Export Transcript (which will download as a PDF).
- Using the export Advanced Options, Include annotations, brackets, designation details and highlights.
From the Notes Tab:
- Choose the Transcripts shortcut.
- Once the results load, choose Export Report from the Tools menu.
- Select CSV from the resulting dialogue box, and click Export.